Follow DANGER on Twitter

Friday, April 15, 2011

Drinking Responsibly

RIP WILSON WATERS FORRESTER 6/17/91 - 4/2/2011

I recently took a 2 week break from writing this blog, the reason being that one of my best friends died from alcohol overdose on 4/2. Let's face it, I'm not really one to drink responsibly. I drink often, I drink hard, and I'm pretty unapologetic about it. However, I always make sure my friends are doing alright. I've learned from past deaths that although it's not your responsibility to monitor their drinking, if your friend needs your help you give it freely. In the wake of all this pain I hope everyone can learn a lesson that my old principal repeated all the time: take care of one another.

If a loved one drinks too much and exhibits these signs please don't try to take care of them yourself, call 911!
  • Passed out or stupors – unconscious or semi-conscious, cannot be awakened
  • Blue lips and fingertips
  • Rapid pulse
  • Vomiting while asleep and not waking up even when vomiting
  • Cold clammy hands/ feet.
ALSO: If they are asleep, make sure they are on their side, with their face facing the same way as their body is, not on the stomach or back, for either way they could drown in their vomit. If they vomit, they can aspirate it, and die.

I really had to get that off my chest to justify posting in this blog again, but now that it's said TGIF! Have an awesome Friday and party WAAAAAY too hard, but, you know, um, not 'that hard'. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment